We, the members of Mother of God Community, believe that God has united us as a community in order to live out the New Covenant in a specific way by the power of the Holy Spirit as we await Christ’s coming in glory. We desire to accept his call and commit our lives to his purposes, relying on his love and grace to complete in us the work he has begun. Our life together takes place within the context of God’s glorious and eternal plan, by which he exalted his Son as Lord over all creation and gives us, his sons and daughters, a share in his divine life. Our covenant is a commitment to God and, through him, to one another, to live life in the Spirit as a community within the Body of Christ.
OUR CALL TO HOLINESS
The example of the woman at Bethany, who poured out on Jesus what was most precious to her (Mk 14:3), moves us to pour out our lives to God in response to the love he has manifested to us through his Son. Far from being a waste, a life laid at the feet of Jesus bears witness that he is worthy and suffuses the Church with the fragrance of his presence. Therefore,
- I promise to come before God in prayer every day.
- I promise to read Scripture every day, seeking to hear the Lord’s voice.
- I promise to examine my conscience every day and repent for my sins.
OUR CALL TO LOVE AND SUPPORT ONE ANOTHER
We believe that God has worked in each person’s life, and in his great love he is transforming us into a pure and holy bride for his Son. Therefore,
- I promise to love, support and pray for my brothers and sisters as they yield to the transforming work of the Holy Spirit in their lives.
- I promise to strive for unity within Mother of God Community and within the whole Body of Christ.
- I promise to attend the Prayer Meetings and other Community functions regularly.
- I promise to contribute free will offerings to the Community in accord with my financial abilities.
OUR CALL TO EVANGELIZE AND SERVE THE CHURCH
We desire to respond to God with grateful hearts by bringing forth Jesus to the world in imitation of Mary, the Mother of God. We are called to bear witness, in word and in deed, to the majesty of God and the love he has lavished on us in Christ. Therefore,
- I promise to prayerfully support and actively participate in the programs and ministries of the Community.
- I promise to further the New Evangelization by being a living witness to the love and mercy of God through my words and deeds at home, at work, and in the larger community, as he has enabled me.